Friday, January 11, 2013

{1/52}

I have no idea how to start this portrait challenge so I kept it basic with this spur of the moment Instagram pic. It will have to do. 

This week I have been hauling the digital around with me mounted on the tripod and snapping with the self timer. It is just a basic point and shoot, refurbished even, but it has been my old reliable. I am still angry that I lost the one C gave me for Christmas last year. 

I am not sure how I am going to work out shooting film and making regular posts. I am not always on the ball about developing. So I think I will do some of each. There may be weeks where the digital photo is added before the film one. That makes sense. Take the pic with both cameras and have a monthly round-up of the film versions. Deal, that is how we will do it. 

I did try to invest in an air shutter release, but the 20' one malfunctioned. I have a shorter one now. I'll still have to pick up a longer one if I want fun pictures. 

In recipe news, last night I made a Smitten Kitchen recipe for us and Neela. Tomato-glazed meatloaves with brown butter mashed potatoes. I didn't take any pictures of it, but it was amazing. I will definitely make it again, but I won't peel the potatoes and I won't forget the second round of worchestishchestshirishe sauce.  Lou says I should put more glaze on them while they are baking so I will also do that. 

Hope you are having a fun week. Within the last 7 days we have acquired 2 new cameras. I am shooting the duaflex asap, I already have the film for it. 

 

I found this one at the Nearly Nu shop, I don't think we will be able to shoot it, but it will make a dandy bookend.

No comments:

Post a Comment