Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{2/52} - Photo

Morning Coffee
This week I got my hair cut. Cut. Not colored :) I always end up going too long between dye jobs and I am not sure why. It doesn't take that long or cost that much; I just don't make it a priority. This project just might change that! My last haircut was in August and, for the most part, I have just had it trimmed for years. It was getting fairly long. Not anymore. It was a spur of the moment change that I think was just what I needed.
The tripod has been moving around the house with me and I really appreciate the immediacy of the image on the point and shoot, but I am loading the Pentax with black and white film today. If I am lucky, I can take a break from carpet shampooing tomorrow and shoot the duaflex.
Looking at all of these images I have snapped from different angles has me thinking about something. Posture. I need to keep my shoulders back. How many times did my mom yell at me? How much did Judy Blume's Deenie scare me? I need to do something to exercise and strengthen my core now or I am going to look older than I am.
I am also wondering what I will do with all of these photos. Make some kind of collection of them? I would love to have one of my Mom. To see her through her own eyes would be amazing. There is a curious thing about Moms that I have only thought about more in-depth recently. Since reading Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin, I realize how easy it is for children to lose sight of their mother as an individual and just see her in the role of caretaker. They rely on her care but forget she has opinions, thoughts, and dreams. I have been a mother my entire adult life, unofficially from the age of 12, and maybe I have forgotten that I have dreams? That I am an individual? This project is going to force me to really think about how I want to portray who I am.    
 



No comments:

Post a Comment